In soup, pie, roast, mash … Squash is the star of fall! Discover our recipes, from the simplest to the most original, to taste it in all its forms.
Autumn is here, bringing with it its share of flavors, of which squash is undoubtedly the star! But did you know that behind this name are hidden many different species? If one knows the pumpkin, pumpkin and butternut squash, it is also a pleasant change with spaghetti squash, butternut squash from Provence, the sucrine of Berry, the patidou squash or even the zucchini, which it is tasted in summer.
The most colorful: orange soup
© nataliazakharova / Adobe Stock – Squash and carrot soup.
The ingredients for 4 people :
- 6 carrots
- 500 g of squash, pumpkin type
- 20 cl of coconut milk
The preparation :
- Peel the carrots and pumpkin. Cut everything into cubes.
- Cook the carrots and pumpkin for 30 minutes in a casserole dish.
- Mix the cooked carrots and pumpkin with the coconut milk and mix everything. Depending on the desired result, add water.
The most elaborate: the velouté of squash with roasted Pink Lady apple
© @Megandcook / Adobe Stock – Cream of squash with Pink Lady apple.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 Pink Lady® apple
- 1 butternut squash (about 750g)
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 cm of fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon of curry
- 4 tbsp of coconut milk
- olive oil
- salt pepper
- Peel and core the butternut squash. Cut it into large dice. Peel and mince the onion.
- Cut the apple into cubes, first removing the core.
- In a large saucepan, brown the onion with a drizzle of olive oil. Add the squash cubes, apple pieces, curry and ginger. Season with salt and pepper and let return for a few minutes.
- Cover to height and cook for 20 minutes.
- Mix the soup and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Serve the soup with a drizzle of olive oil and a drizzle
of coconut milk .
The most unexpected: pumpkin jam
© aamulya – Pumpkin jam.
- 2 kg of pumpkin
- 2 kg of granulated sugar
- 1 lemon juice
- Pinch of ginger
- The day before, peel, seed and cut the pumpkin. Macerate the pumpkin flesh in a bowl with the sugar for 24 hours.
- The next day, cook this pumpkin recipe with the lemon juice and ginger over medium heat until you get the desired consistency. Check the doneness by doing the jam test. Pour a few drops on a cold plate then tilt the plate. The homemade jam should flow gently.
- Immediately put your pumpkin jam in a jar, close the lid of your jam jars and turn them for 1 minute, then return them to the place to let them cool.